Focusing is easier said than done for some children. Being able to focus is a life skill and can help set children up for success. School counselor Bryan Smith has developed five downloadable activities for educators to use in the classroom to help teach students how to ignore distractions and stay on task. Included are worksheets and discussion questions for grades K through 5.
Five Downloadable Activities include:
- Activity 1 - What Number am I Thinking? - Students will be able to determine any given number between 1-100 in fewer than 10 questions.
- Activity 2 - How Many Squares Do You See? - Students will focus and determine how many squares they see on the given sheet.
- Activity 3 - Listen In! - Students will focus and answer a specific question when read a short scene.
- Activity 4 - What’s Different? - Students will be able to identify differences between 2 similar pictures.
- Actvity 5 - What Do You See? - Students will be able to remember all things they see in a given 15 seconds.
Fix It with Focus is part of the Executive FUNction series and is recommended for these classroom activities.
An email address must be provided to obtain the activities!
Produced by Boys Town Press