Learning how to feel and show empathy is an important skill for children. Author and educator Bryan Smith has developed four activities to accompany the storybook Empathy is My Superpower! The lessons are designed to teach children how to to improve relationships and help others by showing kindness and compassion.
Five Downloadable Activities include:
- Activity 1 - "Super E!" Saves the Day - Students will finish the scenarios below, which describe a tough situation a student is facing. The students will write about how ”Super E” saves the day.
- Activity 2 - Same but Different - Students will be able to identify how they are similar and how they are different from other students in the classroom, and practice appreciating everyone’s differences.
- Activity 3 - What Happened? - Students will learn to recognize the signs that someone is sad, and determine how to show empathy to that person.
- Activity 4 - What Emotion is That? - Students will create four strategies to help them calm down when they start to feel like they may overreact.
- Activity 5 - Community Circle - Students will identify an emotion they felt during the week.
Empathy is My Superpower! is part of the Without Limits series and is recommended for these activities.
An email address must be provided to obtain the activities!
Produced by Boys Town Press