Discover other cultures, customs, and cuisines! Author and educator Bryan Smith has developed five activities to accompany the Diversity is Key picture book. The lessons are designed to teach children how diversity makes life more fun and to embrace the differences among each other.
Five Downloadable Activities include:
- Activity 1 - Random Pair/Time to Share - Students will determine what they have in common and some differences they have with a randomly-paired student on a given topic.
- Activity 2 - The Perfect Poster - Students will be able to identify how they are similar and how they are different from other students in the classroom, and practice appreciating everyone’s differences.
- Activity 3 - Top Ten - Students will work cooperatively in a small group to create a top 10 list of ways diversity makes a positive difference in the world.
- Activity 4 - Celebrate Differences - Students will share 5 things that make them different from most people.
- Activity 5 - It's GR8 You're Here - Students will create a list of 8 ways to help a new student feel welcome.
Diversity is Key is part of the Without Limits series and is recommended for these activities.
Also available is the colorful, downloadable Diversity Poster that can be displayed in classrooms, hallways, the cafeteria, and other common areas within your school.
An email address must be provided to obtain the activities!
Produced by Boys Town Press