Reinforce the lessons students learn in the story Molly and the Runaway Trolley with these engaging downloadable activities. These activities are designed to help young people in grades K-6 deal with their stress and worry. The five activities include discussion prompts, worksheets, and other templates provided!
Five Downloadable Activities include:
- Activity 1 – Gratitude Trolley – Students will reflect on and identify things they are grateful for in their lives.
- Activity 2 – Jet's Tank – Students will decorate Jet's fish tank with things that make them feel happy and confident.
- Activity 3 – Reverse Key – Students will use the reverse key to remember to take a step back and look at all their options when they are feeling worried.
- Activity 4 –Mindfulness Bracelet – Students will create a bracelet that reminds them to pause and practice mindfulness by identifying things they can see, touch, hear, smell and taste.
- Activity 5 – Ice Cream Tag – Students will work in small groups to create rules for playing Ice Cream Tag and then teach/explain the rules to other students. (Being included)
The storybook Molly and the Runaway Trolley is recommended for these activities.
An email address must be provided to obtain the activities!
Produced by Boys Town Press