Downloadable Activity: Silent Skill-Step Mix-Up (SORRY, I Forgot to Ask!)
Classroom activity for teaching the social skills of making an apology and asking for permission
Students will explore how using the skills of “Making an Apology” and “Asking for Permission” is very important around others, including their peers. This classroom activity from Julia Cook’s SORRY, I Forgot to Ask! Activity Guide, will allow students to work independently and quietly to create their own artistic poster. Once the posters have been completed, have students form into small groups to present their masterpiece to the rest of the class!
This exercise is recommended for grades 1-5.
- One small poster board for each student
- Markers, colored pencils, crayons, etc.
- Skill steps of “Making an Apology” and “Asking for Permission” (provided as a PDF)
- Boys Town Social Skill poster, “Making an Apology” (provided as a PDF)
- Boys Town Social Skill poster, “Asking for Permission” (provided as a PDF)
Also included are reproducible reward and praise coupons (in color) when this activity is purchased.
An email address must be provided to obtain the activity.
Produced by Boys Town Press